My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Russ in '08

I saw Russ Feingold on George Stephanopoulos this morning. I have always loved Feingold. A friend of mine interned for him in 1997 when I spent a semester in D.C. and I have been a news stalker of his since.
He is going to introduce a bill to censure the president. I think that is so ballsy, and I love it.
He admitted that while impeachment proceedings could be appropriate for the wire tapping debacle, it isn't in the best interest of the country to start impeachment proceedings. Seems funny now that the Republicans found it appropriate to impeach a President for getting a blow job and lying about it, but Democrats are giving the guy a chance when he led us to war over lawn furniture, instituted illegal wire taps, implemented laws/actions well above his power, and....I could keep going but I am getting frustrated already.
He (Feingold) also made a mention that Bush seems to have thrown the Constitution and the Bill of Rights out of the window on 9/11 but funny how a state of martial law hasn't been declared. Hmmm...someone in Congress is starting to say what many consituents have been saying for years.
I wonder how Bush is going to take the censure thing. He'll probably laugh with his little arrogant smirk and refuse to apologize because he will never think he has ever done anything wrong.
It's all of these liberals and media out there who are all wrong, not Bush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home