My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Thursday, August 11, 2005

For Casey Sheehan and countless others

Life is getting in the way of my activism.
I soooo want to fly out to Texas from CT and protest with Cindy Sheehan outside of not-my-president’s ranch. BLESS YOU CINDY SHEEHAN!!!
I have a job that I can’t lose because my partner is having a baby and we are buying a condo in less than 6 weeks. Pathetic, isn’t it? But I wish I could join Cindy Sheehan. I know that my obligations to my life are nothing compared to what the young soldiers who have lost their lives in Iraq (and their families) have given up, and I am sorry that I am not strong enough to be on a roadside in Texas with Mrs. Sheehan.
I really hope this takes off and hundreds of people show up. I hope that those Americans who refuse to even doubt this war take some notice.
I couldn’t even believe it when some ass…I couldn’t find the same story today…blasted Sheehan for hurting troop morale.
I get fired up when people say we are hurting troop morale. Anti-war protests are intended to send a message to the powers that be that the decision to go to war was bad. How many anti-war protestors do you know are anti-troops? We want to see them come home alive.
How many Vietnam Vets are still bitter now never having a true answer for a horrific war that we lost in the end?
Pay attention people. This not-my-president is just another bad mistake after another. If people aren’t getting pissed off when Americans are dying, what will it take for a wake up call?

BTW – I saw a bumper sticker the other day that I want. It said “Blind faith in bad leadership is not Patriotism.” I am trying to limit my online shopping, but I might have to get either that bumper sticker or the “Sweet Jesus. I hate Bill O’Reilly” t-shirt. Both will probably have the desired effect of pissing my family members off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home